E Battery 82nd Arty Vietnam

Homepage Forums Other Reunions E Battery 82nd Arty Vietnam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gordon F. Eatley
    Participant

Hey Guys:

Here’s the latest info available on our reunion. I have blocked 18 double rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Logan, WV, (304) 752-6495. The rate is $119.00/night plus taxes. It is a pet-friendly property. They provide a free breakfast each morning. There is ample free parking on site. When making a reservation, ask for the “Woodpecker Group” rate. Our room block will be held until the morning of 1 May 2020. After that date, rooms not reserved will be released and probably taken immediately due to a major soccer tournament in the area.
    Our tentative schedule for activities is arriving Thursday 25 June, fly Friday 26 June. The aircraft will be available for additional flights on Saturday & Sunday for those that need a stronger dose of aviation. As always, the flying activity depends on the weather. as a general rule, the weather in this area at that time of year is good so I don’t anticipate any problems. At this time. there are no planned/formal activities scheduled for Saturday or Sunday. You are invited and encouraged to take the opportunity to see some beautiful country.
    Logan, WV is a small community in the heart of WV coal country. There are scenic and historic sites in the area. We are about 40 miles by 4 lane highway from Charleston, the State Capitol. For those flying into the reunion I suggest Charleston (CHW) as your destination. Flight availability and cost favor this airport over Huntington (HTS).
    I’ll be posting additional information as we get closer to the reunion dates. Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions regarding our event. Looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make the trip. For me, I see this as my last chance to beat the air into submission with a machine that provided many memories, some better than others, but nonetheless memorable. I want to emphasize that this is a reunion for all Woodpeckers. It is not a pilots only event. If you can possibly make it to the reunion, please do. Its gonna be a good time.
    Please call or email and let Tony know your coming
    Tony Humphreys
    (304) 634-5495
    wdpckr27@aol.com
    Make your reservations early, if your plans change then you can cancel..looking forward to seeing what “old” Woodpeckers look like in person!

Gordon F. Eatley
    Participant

E btry 82nd Arty AVN Vietnam is having a reunion in Salt Lake City 11 to 15 Aug. 2021 All former members who served with the unit in Vietnam are welcome. Bring your better half! Contract Gordon Eatley at geatley@cox.net with the subject Reunion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.